Sunday, December 12, 2010

20k Run

The day after Luke's birthday I was able to join a 20k run at the Fort, in Global City. Got up early at 3am to get ready and at 4am was picked up by a friend to go to the race. Keren, Kurt and I went there and were surprised to that the event was so different from the one we just recently joined a few weeks earlier. This was definitely smaller and less of a hoopla. The 20k race started at 5:15 and off I went with all the other runners. I started on a good pace and tried to do a 9 minute mile. After hitting 10k that's when I started to get tired. Mentally I had to quote verses and remind myself of the race I am in as a Christian. It really helped me to meditate on the Word and sing songs in my head. This was a harder run than the ones previous half-marathon I've done. This is the first time I ran without a partner. I used to run races with Nathaniel but since he's had knee injury he had to stop running. But anyhow, the Lord helped and sustained my strength until the finish line. I finished it at 2hrs, 5 min. Praise the Lord for his mercies!

No comments:

Post a Comment